You may be a close contact of a person with COVID if you answer yes to any of the following questions:
Did you travel on the Western Freeway (westbound) from the direction of Melbourne/Melton towards Ballarat? AND Did you stop at the Ballan Mobil Service Station between 5-7pm for any reason?
Did you get McDonalds or any food/goods delivered from this station?
If you have answered YES to either of these questions, you may have been exposed to the highly infectious Delta variant of COVID-19.
• Go home, stay home and isolate immediately
• Call 1800 675 398 to alert the state Contact Tracing team
• Get a COVID test – If in Stawell, call 5358 8630 to arrange
• Quarantine for 14 days
• Only leave home to get your test – do not stop anywhere along the way
• Stay home until you are contacted by the Grampians Public Health Unit.
At the time of writing, those who used the McDonald’s Drive-Thru are not considered to be at risk unless they got out of their car and touched shared surfaces and/or went into the building. However, anyone with symptoms – no matter how mild – must get tested and isolate until they receive a negative result.
Anyone – with or without symptoms – who believes they may have been exposed to the virus must go home and isolate immediately and get tested as soon as they can.
Anyone who has any symptoms – no matter how mild – must get tested even if they do not think they have been exposed to the virus.
For more information about COVID vaccinations and testing, click here