COVID Testing – Local
Need a COVID-19 Test?
Last updated: 18 May 2022
There are currently many illnesses and viruses going around – please take care and stay home if you’re unwell.
If you are feeling unwell – with signs and symptoms of a cold or flu – or have received a request to have a COVID-19 test, please attend the SRH COVID Clinic drive-through facility.
NEW: use this link https://testtracker.covid19.dhhs.vic.gov.au/citizen-prefill to pre-fill your details to save time at the testing site: the unique number you get stays valid for 90 days!
Last updated: 18 May 2022
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday only. Appointments required, please call 5358 8630
Public health advice for testing for COVID-19 promotes the use of a Rapid Antigen Test if you have symptoms or if you are a close contact of a person with COVID-19.
This means there has been a decrease in demand for PCR testing for COVID-19 and so the Grampians Health – Stawell Hospital will be offering PCR testing only by appointment from Tuesday May 17.
Appointments will be available as a drive-through PCR from Building B on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday between 8.30 am – 10.30 am.
- A reminder that Rapid Antigen Testing is considered an official result
- PCR tests are recommended only if a person has symptoms, or have had any contact with a positive case, and they have tested NEGATIVE on a RAT
- If you have tested positive on a RAT and you have symptoms, you do not need a PCR and you can report your positive result via the Services Victoria app
- Grampians Health -Stawell is unable to offer PCR tests for travel, workplace-requirements or hospital admissions
To book please call: 5358 8630
Pre-register for your COVID PCR by completing the registration form: https://testtracker.covid19.dhhs.vic.gov.au/citizen-prefill
COVID Testing option information:
- COVID-19 rapid antigen self-tests that are approved in Australia by TGA: read more
- Department of Health assessment and testing criteria for Rapid antigen testing: more information
COVID-19 vaccine at home: Receive a first or second vaccine dose through the at-home service. Currently not available to those needing a vaccine booster dose: More information
COVID Test results:
All testing swabs are processed by specialised laboratories in Victoria.
Waiting for Test Results?
- Testing results can take up to 2 days, and longer during busy times.
- If you have been waiting longer for your result, please call the Coronavirus Test Results Hotline on 1800 573 222.
- The Coronavirus Test Results Hotline operates Mondays to Fridays between 8am and 6pm.
- The hotline can provide confirmation of a negative coronavirus (COVID-19) result verbally or via text message only. If you require a letter or other form of documentation of your result (such as for travel, medical, work or educational purposes) you should contact a general practitioner who can obtain your result and provide suitable documentation.
- Please note that the Urgent Care Centre at Stawell Regional Health is unable to access and provide COVID test results.
- More information:https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/getting-your-results-covid-19