Private and Veterans’ Affairs Patients
All patients at Grampians Health Stawell receive the highest quality of care from staff as well as access to excellent facilities.
Patients with private health cover and Veterans’ Affairs patients may be able to access extra services during their stay.
- no gap fees on hospital bed fees and radiology costs
- doctor of choice
- a single room – depending on availability
- occupational therapy
- speech therapy
- diabetic educator
- television and telephone access
- wide choice of food and beverages (including special diet meals)
- personal consultation upon discharge and arrangement of any services
- individual case manager if required
The revenue and savings generated from the use of private health insurance enables the hospital to maintain and improve existing services, as well as develop new initiatives for the community.
Self-funded patients are responsible for all costs associated with their admission. A quote is provided by the surgeons’ rooms prior to admission for surgery. Please note that the quote is an estimate and can change depending on the actual services provided.