Allied Health and Community Rehabilitation Relaunch Plan for Groupwork
Allied Health and Community Rehabilitation staff at Stawell Regional Health are excited to keep the community updated on the status of the restoration of group exercise services. We are announcing a staggered approach and arrangements for relaunching the group sessions that is based on staff availability and prioritisation. All groups will be back at Community Rehabilitation Centre (CRC) with the exception of Better Balance program which will be split into 2 groups, with half at CRC and half the SH&CC.
Group timetable relaunch plan:
- 2nd of July: Exercise Physiology Group
- 6th of July: Better Balance and Over 65’s Group
- 17th of July: Cancer and Wellness Education/Support Program in conjunction with Wimmera Health Care Group via Telehealth
- 20th of July: Cardiac Rehab and Pulmonary Rehab Groups
The following measures are being communicated to clients about how they are kept at minimal risk:
- We have put in strict cleaning processes in place in line with government health regulations, we will be asking you to wipe down each piece of equipment after you use it. We have also reduce exercise programs in time to 45 minutes to allow cleaning time in between them.
- We will be making sure everyone follows social distancing – keeping 1.5m spacing between each other to reduce the risk as much as possible.
- When you come to the hospital you will be asked a few questions about how you are feeling and you will have your temperature checked and we will be recording your name and phone number every time you come in.
- All of the staff have to do this as well to improve safety in the hospital.
- With the new structure of our groups we have had to stop morning/afternoon tea as part of the group process.
- We continue to work with the government to assess the risk, and if we determine the level of risk increases we will make decisions over program closure.
To learn more about the programs, call us on 03 5358 8507 or visit Allied Health and Community Rehabilitation page to read more.