Information for Residents, Patients and Visitors
Last updated 22 April 2022
Please Note: Stawell Regional Health along with the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (the department) is closely monitoring developments regarding COVID-19. Advice is continuously updated so any arrangements may change quickly or new rules may apply on the day, or in the future.
The health of our community, patients, visitors and staff is our biggest priority during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Patient areas/General wards
- Each patient can have a maximum of two (2) visitors per day
- Each visitor can attend for a maximum of two (2) hours
- Visits must occur during the ward’s visiting hours (9am-7pm Monday- Friday, 9am-6pm Saturday & Sunday)
Families and loved ones are encouraged to coordinate their visits to ensure they are adhering to restrictions and there are no more than 2 people on site.
At the entrance to the hospital, visitors will be required to:
- Check-in with QR Code and sign the visitor book
- Wear a mask provided by Grampians Health
- Check your temperature using the wall mounted device – do not enter if you have a temperature
- Show your vaccination certificate – if you are not vaccinated you must:
- wear an N95 mask (which will be supplied)
- demonstrate a negative RAT test
- If you do not consent to these additional requirements you will be unable to visit the patient.
Please note that anyone considered a close contact or household contact of a COVID-positive person will not be permitted entry.
In order to keep our patients and others safe during this time of increased concern, we are asking members of our community to think carefully about your need to visit hospital sites.
If you do need to attend, please note that:
- Entry is only through the Building A entrance via Sloane Street.
- The Urgent Care entrance is only for Urgent Care patients.
If you meet any of the criteria to visit at the hospital, please call 5358 8500 and ask to speak to the nurse in charge for consideration.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding during these challenging times – we will be reviewing and updating this advice regularly.