Frequently Asked Questions
Who can I contact for further information or to answer any questions?
Contact the SRH Nurse Unit Manager: 03 5358 8555
I have been diagnosed as being at risk of anaphylaxis, how do I manage my anaphylaxis while I am in hospital and when I go home?
- Immediately tell a staff member if you use your auto-injector
- Make sure you discuss all your allergies and past reactions with the staff caring for you
- Keep your adrenaline (epinephrine) auto-injector (commonly known by the trade name EpiPen®) with you when you are hospital
- Staff will discuss with you, your family, or your carer where to keep your auto-injector so you can access it quickly and easily.
- Read and download the Information for patients with severe allergies_2021.